Mailjet is the email solution for teams to create, send, and monitor marketing emails, transactional emails and SMS. Mailjet has grown from a startup to the leading Email Service Provider in Europe, with teams at Microsoft, Product Hunt, Honeywell, Johnson & Johnson and more sendings billions emails every month.
About the Role
We’re scaling fast across North America, and need a motivated and energetic Marketing Intern to join our Toronto office and help continue to build the Mailjet brand across the United States & Canada.
Reporting to the Marketing Manager in North America, you’ll get to work with our global marketing team to create highly shareable content, lead the management of our English social media channels, support SEO efforts, manage events, enngage the email developer community, and help shape the Mailjet story. You’ll also heavily support the North American marketing manager to drive enterprise lead generation and awareness of the Mailjet brand.
You’re a great candidate for this role if you love the startup world, digital media & technology, and get a thrill from engaging new people online!
The Impact You’ll Have:
- Write a bunch of great posts for Mailjet’s blog, as well as on our partners’ blogs, to tell the Mailjet story and add value to marketers and developers work life.
- Take ownership of Mailjet’s English social media channels and newsletters by sharing our content, building community with marketers and developers, and experimenting with new tools, tactics, and approaches.
- Play a key role in implementing Mailjet’s event and field marketing strategy, by helping identify key events to attend, setting up and sometimes managing booths, and helping make a splash at events like Collision in Toronto.
- Improve the way Mailjet communicates to developers by helping improve our messaging, and exploring new channels.
- Continue to improve Mailjet’s ranking on search engines through backlinking, content creation and more. Type “Email Newsletter” into Google right now. Mailjet should be #1...let’s keep it that way 🚀
- Play a key role at the front lines of our sales & marketing efforts by responding to prospect questions on live chat, social media, and email.
Who You Are:
- Native-level English speaker.
- New graduate, final year of a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in marketing, communications, or ambitious renegade with awesome and relevant work experience outside of school.
- Excellent listening, written and verbal communication skills with great attention to detail.
- Strong copywriting skills. Have a great writing style that can be both professional and fun. Having your own personal writing projects is a plus. Understand that a great 5 word headline can be as important as a great 1000 word blog post.
- Ability to be organized, self-motivated and work independently (ensuring effective time management and prioritization of deadlines).
- Have a passion for technology and the ability to learn complex in-house software and systems easily. Any knowledge of the marketing technology space is a plus.
- Be a strong fit for Mailjet’s culture - we are resourceful, audacious, empathetic, creative, and try to have a lot of fun ;)
Nice to Haves:
- Experience with Wordpress and/or basic HTML
- You can speak confidently to developers, and have a basic (hey, maybe even an advanced) knowledge of coding and tools like Github
- Experience with, or understanding of, email service providers like Mailjet
- A desire to find new creative ways to share a brand’s message
Other Perks You’ll Love:
- Work with an amazing and diverse team from around the globe
- First hand experience in an international startup
- Downtown Toronto office space, located just steps from St. Lawrence Market
- Weekly 1:1s with our North America Marketing Manager to support your professional development
- Getting you involved in the tech community by participating in meetups in downtown Toronto
- A loaded Macbook Air and all sorts of fun Mailjet swag (which you as a marketer can help us pick!)
- 5+ month internship
- Start date: March 2019
- This is a paid internship - $2,000 monthly gross