Email Anti-Abuse & Compliance Analyst
At Mailjet, we make sending email easy and have an all-in-one solution to do just that. We're a growing venture-backed startup with teams in Paris, New York, London, Berlin, Toronto, Sofia, Barcelona and Ho Chi Minh City, and with customers located around the world. Our powerful tools deliver results for both marketing and technology-focused marketers.
As a company, our main objective is supporting the needs of customers looking for a powerful, real-time cloud emailing platform for managing their email marketing program in a very simple way, based on a unique algorithm that optimizes deliverability.
About the Role:
We are looking for a motivated and energetic Email Anti-Abuse & Compliance Analyst (preferably with email expertise) to become part of a core team. On a daily basis, you might find yourself handling issues related to a variety of topics, including but not limited to: email anti-abuse, email fraud detection, email deliverability, and compliance with our Sending Policy as well as local and global laws. To excel in this role, organizational and multi-tasking skills and a strong attention to detail are a MUST. Experience in the email industry (or a comparably technical industry) is a MUST. Experience working startups and/or a technical culture are a big plus.
This organizational role is primarily focused on internal communications and processes, however we work closely with customer-facing teams to understand the needs of our customers, build trust, and deliver insights that help them leverage Mailjet’s powerful tools to achieve their email marketing goals.
You’ll work closely with internal and external teams, marketers and developers alike to ensure our self-service and large-volume customers are successful when using Mailjet.
- Perform user activity monitoring and analysis.
- Process complaints received at Mailjet's abuse desk.
- Investigate and take action on various fraud cases.
- Assist in maintaining our platform’s reputation as an anti-spammer and take action on compromised / problematic user accounts with bad statistics.
- Collaborate with the rest of the Compliance / Deliverability team and other relevant departments (including Dev, Product, Sales, Support and Customer Success teams) to consistently improve upon internal processes and monitoring tools for deliverability, anti-abuse, fraud detection, and compliance.
- Work with an international team.
- Investigate deliverability issues for customers.
- Help Mailjet maintain a strong relationship with Internet Service Providers and industry contacts around the world to ensure emails are going straight to the inbox for our customers.
- Be a strong fit for Mailjet’s culture - we’re an international Crew that’s hard-working, entrepreneurial, resourceful, creative, and has a lot of fun!
- Bachelor’s Degree with 1+ years experience in Email industry or a comparably technical field required. Experience in fraud prevention, email deliverability, or in a startup environment is a plus.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills in English, both verbal and written, are a MUST. Fluency in French is a major plus.
- Ability to rely on your problem-solving skills to review statistics and analyze detailed reports.
- Strong organization skills with ability to meet deadlines, prioritize and complete time-sensitive tasks on a daily basis.
- Detail-oriented personality with a positive, and collaborative attitude.
- Proficient in technology: both in conversation and in use. Applicable candidates must have the ability to discuss highly technical topics with developers and colleagues regularly.
- Experience working with senior management and internal teams effectively is preferred.
- Must feel comfortable using internal tools including Google Apps, Excel, and others.
- Work with an amazing and diverse team from around the globe.
- Highly motivating compensation package.
- Cool office space in downtown Toronto surrounded by other startups.
- All sorts of fun Mailjet swag.